Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Project, Project, Project 3

Project 3:

This one is not done nor close to being done. I am in the process of creating a document that test every concept that I was able to see that can be tested from the 2nd grade common core (Language Arts and Math). Being a linear thinker I need to see things in a check list form.

The way I will be using this document is by giving the students the checklist. Then I will give them each test. In order for students to check off a concept they first must pass 3 test on that concept, to ensure that they weren't just lucky that day. I have created/will create 4 tests for each concept. I will not give all 4 test in one day or even week. I will spread them out so constantly evaluate the concept. In the boxes below the the concept name the student will write the test date and if they passed or not. When they have passed 3 test they will be able to check off the concept.

What is a passing grade? That is up to you. For me it will be no more than 1 question wrong per test. If they do get only 1 question wrong they will write their score on their check list and then try to see if they can figure out the correct answer.

Here is an exclusive preview of the document. So far I have all the checklists and tests for the concepts in the first 2 pages, which has equal to 58 pages so far. Yikes this will be a large document.

Please leave comments of what you think of it so far. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment