Saturday, May 12, 2012

Saving the Planet

As a project and part of a competition, I challenged my students to come up with an ideas for our unit. We had been studying and starting a recycling program in our school so I figured that we would do a video about that.
Part of the contest was to use the letters  A C E R as part of our final product we decided to go with Appreciate Nature, Conserve Resources, Environment Safety, and R³ for reduce reuse and recycle. My students were then split into groups and were responsible for thinking of how to show a message for their concept using technology. They could use an iPad, flip camera, or a regular camera to complete their part. I then put it together using Windows Movie Maker.

Here is our final product:

You Tube:



TeacherTube (since many school's can't use YouTube at school):


My students had so much fun thinking about their ideas and actually realizing them. They are extremely proud of their work and I am amazed with how quickly they learned to use the devices and to be creative. Now they have not only learned the concept but they have also internalized it, as they are constantly conserving our planet at school. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment