Thursday, March 8, 2012

Capirotada (mixture of ideas) bulletin board

I could not decide what idea to go with for my bulletin board so I put a bit of every idea I had.











Parts of a dictionary:
Dictionary Parts
This was a fun activity to do with my class. After teaching the different parts, many different ways and still not getting the results I wanted, I came up with this idea. Thank God that this did the trick and the light bulb went on, and we were able to move on.





Telling Time in a different way: 
Telling Time in a different way Model
I had a difficult time teaching how to tell time in a different way, since my students were not understanding the concept nor memorizing how to figure out the time. I tried songs, formulas, practice, and nothing seemed to work. I tried different models and it was all work in vain. 

Then I got this idea. I did this project with my students as I was thinking about it. And it was a great hit with my students. They had fun creating it, and understood the concept and reasoning behind why things are done a certain way. 

After this activity students were better at telling time and saying it in another way. Suggestion: Gluing yard is a difficult task, I recommend leaving a small pace between the Popsicle sticks to stick one end there and tape it, it is less messy. 
When I did this project I did not have the template as I was creating as we went through it. But to save time, and for your understanding I created a template with explanations for Free.Click on the picture caption or here for your exclusive copy. This is not located in my teacher store only in this blog. EXCLUSIVE FREEBIE. YAY!  

Taco Paragraph:

I am extremely proud of this idea. My students seem to grasp this idea as it is connected to them and is able to add more details to it rather than the hamburger explanation. This is an extensive lesson and will take at least 5 weeks or even more. It all depends on how long of a writing period you have and the students pace. I am done with this unit which includes: lesson plans, worksheets, posters, and template for the taco paragraph. I just need to spell check and make sure my lessons make sense and are understandable. Look for it soon. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment