Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Read Across America Preparation Part 2

Hello Everyone! Read Across America is around the corner I can't believe it. We will be hosting our Read Across America Day this week! This year I have used many of the things I have used in the past, with a few exceptions or fixes.

Looking back at my previous Read Across America Preparation post I realized that I never posted the invitation and reminder letter that I carted for this celebration. You can find the file by clicking the files name.


For Read Across America Day I used:

Guest Reader Invitation
I had uploaded this invitation. Most of the text are as a picture format to ensure that everyone gets the finalized file. If you download the Dr. Seuss fonts you can simply insert the information needed on the space provided and have your own invitation. For this file I used a Dr. Seuss font that you can find Here.







Guest Reader Reminder
This may look a bit different from my first post since I could not find my original anywhere. So I recreated it with a different background. Just like the Guest Invitation it is a picture with text boxes where you can insert the information. For this file I used the font A Little Pot. You can find the font  Here.




Oobleck
I am excited for this activity. In the past years I have done Oobleck with my students (green food color, water, and corn starch). I had my students play with the Oobleck and talk about it but never did much with it. This year I am excited to use the worksheet I just created. Student will still experiment with the Oobleck but also incorporate some of the skills that we have been working on during our Literacy block. This is also another FREE item to you can get on my TPT store.



Teacher 1 Teacher 2
My teammates and I want to dress up as Thing 1, Thing 2, Thing 3, and Thing 4 for our Read Across America Day. The problem was that I could not find a logo that said Teacher instead of Thing. So I created one for us. This product has Teacher 1, Teacher 2, all the way to Teacher 8. The logo is done correctly and inverse so that you can use it on which ever paper you have to iron on to your shirt. Oh yeah, IT IS FREE!


I like to try out my products first, but in this case I did not have the opportunity to try the shirt imprint and the Oobleck worksheet. I ended up posting these anyways for those who are looking for these products. If you do use it please let me know how it works out for you, I would love to see pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment