Friday, August 3, 2012

Smartiesfied

After 6 years of smarties and always singing our Smarties Cheer, I finally went all the way and smartiesfied our classroom.

To start off I started working on our Smarties classroom website. I wanted to personalized our classroom as much as possible so that my students could relate to it and want to go to the website for all the wonderful resources. One of the first steps that I took other than finding the correct free web host was to have my 12 year old niece, who is a wonderful artist, draw our class logo.

I wanted to do more with the Smartie theme but I was unable to find any classroom products to decorate and use in my projects. This resulted in my latest adventure.

SMARITIES BULLETIN BOARD


I know this looks a bit plain but that is temporary. Once school starts students will create a goal sheet on a circle to represent the actual Smarties candy. Once the students have finished their goal sentence they will draw a picture of themselves in the middle of the candy that will provide details about who they are and what they like. The smarties name plate will be used to place next to the students work. 
I will post an update as soon as my students complete their portion of the bulletin board. Stay tuned. 

All templates are provided or you here free. 

What do you think?

**********UPDATE************
Here is the final look for my bulletin board. With a constant flow of new students it took a while to get the board updated. Two more kiddos to go and I will have 100% completion. Writing the smartie goal really made mys tudents to stop and think about what they wanted to accomplish in 3rd grade. Not only that but now I have a way to keep them accountable for their learning and meeting goals.
After my smartiesfied year I decided to take it a little farther and make our school vision/Mision and classroom rules also on smarties candies. This has given my class a new look and the kids and I just love it.


7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/10/2012

    I love this idea. Where did you get the pictures of the candy from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Online. Then I just made it to what I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just so adorable! I"m hoping to use this for my classroom door to welcome my students this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8/17/2013

    I love it, and have been looking for ideas for my classroom. How did you do your "big" smarties replica? I'm trying to find a template or something....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you click here before the update you should find it. That's where I posted all the smarties things.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8/17/2013

    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I don't think that came up for me last time!!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete