Saturday, January 21, 2012

On the Road Again

It's been a long time :) Since the last time I created a blog, but there is so much I wanted to share and say.
I have been extremely busy. My Master's homework, creating my ideas, being a mom, celebrating my parents birthday and my daughters, and having new responsibilities at work have just kept me extremely busy. For the past 2 weeks it has been non-stop. Not a single minute to just sit and take a breath, until today.

My students have given me a challenge and have made me change my teaching mentality. I was in 3rd grade for 5 years, by Christmas the light bulb usually turned on and they were test prep ready. This year 2nd grade has changed all my rules and way of seeing education. They have grown so much since day 1, but they are just no where near where I want them to be. Many times I have to keep on reminding myself that I am teaching 2nd graders, where even the handwriting is different, but I just want so much from them. The positive side it has given me a whole new perspective in teaching, and great ideas.

I have been working on many different projects. Many of my new projects are at  TeachersPayTeachers  - Lesson Plans,Teaching Materials and Other Teacher-Created Resources or 

There are others that I have not completed or are still in my head and I have not had time to actually do them. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment